Medical Residency Headshots
Quality is the utmost focus in our photography services.
Every year we photograph many headshots for medical residency and medical school applications. Most of the students come in and say, “We were told in class to get a professional portrait. I asked my friend to take a few. I wasn’t really happy with the way they turned out that’s why I’m here.” When the session is finished and they have the photo they say. “Now I know why they told us to get a professional headshot!”
Why a professional headshot and not a Selfie?
Show Your Strengths
A headshot for your medical residency application is one the most important headshots of your career, it is one of the things that are considered by the team of doctors who will evaluate your application. Of course your grades and work are very important, but if the decision is between two equal applicants you have to ask yourself, what might give you that special edge that makes them think twice about you.
Your professional portrait according to your medical specialty. It is an investment for your future.
What goes into a medical residency or medical school application photo that makes an impression? The technical part such as photography, lighting, posing and professional cropping to the correct size is all on me, the photographer. The expression, we work on together. My goal is to capture your image where you come across naturally confident, knowledgable and approachable.
Your expression empowers your headshot.
Visit our Professional Headshots Portfolio.
Your Residency Headshot Session
Here is how I photograph professional portraits:
- We first discuss your portrait, your vision, specialty etc.
- I have different backgrounds you can choose from.
- I will take about 10-30 different photos and maybe more if you have different clothes to change into or a different look.
- I will display the images on my computer screen and help you choose your strongest.
- You will chose the pose(s) you like.
- I will then do some basic retouching (eye circles and bags etc.) on the chosen portrait(s) with you present.
- I will provide you with a professional cropping of your headshots according to the specifications of your application so all you need to do is to upload. In addition I can give you a high resolution and a web resolution of the retouched photo(s). I can also provide you with a cropping for your LinkedIn profile.
We know how to portray you at your best.
Why Trust Your Residency Headshot to Hagop’s Photography
Before applications were submitted through Eras website, digital cameras did not exist, medical residency applicants ordered about 50 to a 100 wallet size photos and attached them to the paper applications they submitted to medial schools or for their residency applications. I offer years of experience in headshot photography which saves you time.
Same Day Appointments
We understand you have a deadline to submit your residency or medical school application. We offer Monday to Friday appointments and some on weekends depending on availability. We also make evening appointments.
Call us for to schedule your session.
Walk Out With Your Headshot(s)
Once you have selected your headshot, Hagop will retouch it with you present to have your input on the amount of retouching you like. He will professionally crop your headshot for high and low resolution jpgs and of course one for your residency application according to the requirements.